Saturday, February 23, 2008

Paramount Studios Lot Theatre

Hollywood, CA

Review by fatalmuerte on 2/13/2008.

Being the official theatre of Paramount Studios, one would expect something extravagant. A lavish red carpet guides the visitor into the theatre itself where they are greeted by the smiling faces of industry legends framed on white lacey walls. The CEO of Paramount personally welcomes each guest over a loud-speaker as a hand-painted mural stretches across the ceiling. Alright, I made that last part up. Truth be told, the presentation is classy without being too over-the-top.

The screen is massive and flawless, letting no detail slip by and the sound quality is crisp and concise. Also, there's no need to fear making undesirable contact with something sticky or wet. Ushers see to it that no consumables enter the facilities. The seats are unnaturally comfortable. You'll forget that your lower half exists about halfway through the movie.

I recently attended this theatre for an advanced screening of 'The Spiderwick Chronicles' (not a bad movie if I do say so myself!). I met a handful of celebs including Hayden Panettiere from Heroes and Daryl Sabara of Spy Kids fame (who I somehow got mixed up with Freddie Highmore; Don't ask me how I did that; It was quite embarrassing)!

If you ever get an opportunity to attend a screening in this exclusive theatre, you will not be disappointed.

Cinema Grade - N/A - not open to the public

No comments: