Sunday, August 26, 2007

AMC Woodlands Square 20.

Tampa and Curlew Rds., Oldsmar, FL 34677
(727) 771-2883

Review submitted by Scott McAllister of the Home Theater Forum on 07/23/07

This is my tried and true movie house and it usually does not fail to disappoint. I say usually because there are times when the surround sound can fade out, and the picture can be a little out of focus. That having been said, it's still an easy 8 out of 10 given its close proximity, affordable tickets, and above average presentation.

For big blockbuster movies I highly recommend finding out which showings are playing in either theater #10 or #11. These screens (and seating areas) are easily forty percent bigger than the other eighteen screens in the place, and I go out of my way to make sure my butt is in one of those chairs come showtime.

The building is surrounded by the requisite pizza joints and ice cream parlors to satisfy the rumbling stomach. There's also a Ruby Tuesday's, Burger King, and Taco Bell if you prefer name-brand delectables.

Parking is free and there's a huge lot available. I recommend driving behind the theater and parking in the backlot as it is usually more empty and less of a walk to box office.

Cinema Grade = B- (Auditoriums 10 & 11)

No comments: